- Conflictive Couple Relationships.
- Parents and Children Conflicts.
- Financial Trouble.
- Psychoactive Substances Use.
- Mental Health Illnesses Consequences.
When Family Therapy can be conducted?There are diverse types of problems that can be managed through Family Therapy. The most common are as follows: Family Breakdowns. One of the most frequent causes to go for Family Therapy is when there are domestic problems that can not be solved through traditional methods. Couple Therapy. Problems in relationships like communication gaps, infidelity, or incompatibility about some life aspects are treated with Family Therapy to propitiate problem-solving. Behavior problems and mental disorders that affect any family member. When any of the family members suffers from a mental disorder or illeness, other family members can help with the treatment and monitoring that person. Addiction Treatment. It is also of vital importance to involve family members in the recovery process of different types of addictions to reinforce behaviors that encourage the process.
What results can you expect from Family Therapy?Considering their interest and willingness, Family Therapy reunites some family members in its sessions, which are established according to the particular situation of the family and the suggestion made by the mental health specialist. During these sessions, Family Therapy can help with:
- Analyzing the ability of the family to solve conflicts and challenges and communicate thoughts and emotions in an effective way.
- Identifying the aspects that contribute to create conflicts drawn from roles and rules examination and behavior patterns.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of the family.