7 Tips to Learn How to Relax Your MindJust as it is important to learn how to be efficient in your routine tasks, it is also important that you know how to relax your mind in those moments when you feel that everything overwhelms you. Find some important guidelines to return to calm below:
- Try breathing exercises. Improving oxygenation in your body can be very beneficial for you. You can try to breathe in a slow and controlled way and appeal to diaphragmatic breathing which involves fully engaging the stomach, abdominal muscles, and diaphragm when breathing.
- Muscle relaxation exercises. Tense and relax the muscles, going through all the muscle groups.
- Combine sport and wellness. Remember that activities such as Yoga, Meditation, Stretching or Pilates can be a very good alternative to relax and take care of your body.
- Practice Mindfulness. Mindfulness is a practice that can help you change the focus of your attention, connect your inner peace and be relaxed. It is also an alternative that can be practiced anytime and anywhere.
- Take a break and look at photos or videos. Dedicating a few minutes of your day to review videos or photographs of happy and special moments is not only useful for relaxing your mind, but it can also bring you back to those experiences providing you wellness and joy.
- Dedicate more time to reading. An enjoyable reading can give you a break and certainly take your mind elsewhere.
- Go for a walk. Walking for a while after an exhausting day allows you to distract yourself for a while and breathe fresh air. Find a quiet place and, if possible, also enjoy a good landscape.
Things to avoidIn addition to being clear about what you should do to learn how to relax your mind, it is important that you know very well what you should avoid. Pay attention to the following aspects:
- Consult information excessively. Although it is important to be informed and to know what is happening in the world, exposing yourself to over-information we have available nowadays, both in different media and on social networks, can be counterproductive. Constantly receiving negative or apocalyptic news can generate a greater sense of anguish.
- Consume psychoactive substances. Although when consuming these types of substances you initially have a pleasant sensation, do not forget that the effect is short-lived and later you may feel your mood worsens. In addition, you could end up facing problems of addiction or abuse.
- Sedentary behaviors. Believe it or not, it is important you are aware that physical activity, in addition to contributing to your Physical Health, has very positive effects on your Mental Health, so choose an activity that suits your situation and you also enjoy. On difficult days, exercise can be the key to relaxing your mind.